If you’ve fallen victim to a hacked Instagram account, don’t despair. There are steps you can take to regain control of your account and protect yourself from further hacking attempts.
In this blog post, we’ll walk you through the process of recovering your hacked Instagram account, from identifying the hack to securing your account for the future.
We’ll also provide tips for preventing future hacks and keeping your personal information safe online.
Whether you’re a casual Instagram user or a business owner, it’s important to be proactive about securing your account.
So, read on to learn how to recover your hacked Instagram account and take back control of your online presence.
There are various ways in which your Instagram account might be hacked. We will help you to recover your account from all these mentioned conditions.
Still have access to your account, but it is logging in to other devices
If you are facing the situation where your account is being logged in to several devices, it means someone is trying to get into your account.
What would you have to do at this moment? You must follow the below-mentioned tips to keep your account safe and secure.
Immediately Change the Password
If you still have access to your Instagram account after being hacked, you are very lucky at this moment.
Immediately go to account settings and change the password. This will log off your account from the devices and your account will be safe again.
Revoking the Account Access
While browsing the internet or on Instagram, there are several apps or websites that grant your permission.
If you gave them access permission to your account, then some of them will definitely try to get access to your account completely and hack it.
To solve this problem, you only have to revoke their granted access. For doing this, you only have to follow these basic steps.
- Open Instagram and go to your profile.
- Hit click on the Settings button.
- Choose Security.
- Select the Apps and Websites.
After opening the Apps and Websites option, you will see the access granted to apps and websites. There you only have to revoke their access. And your work is done.
The same procedure of revoking is for browser active Instagram Accounts.
- Go to your Profile and click on the gear button located with your username.
- Then open the apps and websites option and revoke the apps or websites you want.
Still have your Email or Mobile Linked to your Account?
If you didn’t get enough time to change your password and hackers have changed the password and logged all your linked devices.
You still have some time to recover your account before they change the email, phone number, or both of them.
Let us take a quick look at methods for account recovery.
Requesting A Login Link from Official App
- Open Instagram Login Screen, and click on the “Forget Password.”
- For Android, it will be “Get Help Logging in” and for the browser, it will be “Forget Password.”
- After this, you will see a pop-up menu, type your “Email” or “Phone Number” there and click “Next.”
Soon after this procedure, you will be notified by officials that the login link has been sent to the targeted mail or phone number.
From that link, you can recover your account easily.
Remember, if your mail or number has been changed this method will not work.
Requesting Support or Secret Code from Officials
Another method of recovering an account is requesting a secret code. This works in the below-mentioned way.
It is tested on Android Phones and it works well on them. There is no guarantee that it works on iOS.
- Open the official Instagram account.
- Click on the “Get Help Logging In” button below.
- Enter your email, username, or phone number, then tap on the “Next button”.
- Click on can’t reset your password button.
- You will see two options pop-menu. You can choose whatever you want.
So, we clicked on the first option which is “Yes, I have a photo of myself in my account”.
- Then click “Next”
- Enter the password and again hit the Next button.
- Select the phone number or email on which you want the secret code. After providing the information again click on the Next button.
- After that type the secret code you get and wait for some time so that Instagram Officials verify your account.
- After providing the code tap Next again.
- Hold your phone at your eye level after aligning the phone hit the Next button.
- You will be asked for a video selfie, provide the video selfie and then click on submit.
- If you choose the second option in the list which is No, I don’t have a photo of myself. You will be taken to the Officials’ help center and then you have to do some other procedure.
After following that procedure, you can recover your account easily.
What to do if the Email also has been changed?
If you don’t get enough time for all the above-mentioned procedures and all your email, phone number or password has been changed.
Then what to do at this time? There are also solutions to this problem. Let us discuss those solutions.
Swiftly Check the Email Application
If your email has been changed and you are completely blocked from your account, go to your email application and check for mail from Instagram.
Instagram has sent you a confirmation mail for changing the email.
If you don’t provide permission in time, you can block the hacker at that moment and can save your account from being hacked permanently.
Try Logging in from Facebook
If your Instagram account is linked to Facebook. So, you can try to recover your account from Facebook. It will work in the way mentioned below.
- Open the Instagram app.
- Tap on the Login in with Facebook button.
- On the next pop-up menu click the continue button.
- Type your Facebook Id there and then log in.
If your Facebook id has not been unlinked after being hacked. So, you can retrieve your account in this way.
Wrapping it up
If you find that your Instagram account is being logged in to several devices, it’s important to take immediate action to secure your account.
The first step should be to change your password. Additionally, it’s important to revoke access to apps or websites that have been granted permission to access your account.
If your account has been hacked and the password has been changed, there are still ways to recover your account.
Overall, it’s important to be vigilant and take action to secure your account if you suspect it has been hacked.